Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Christian Testimonies | What Should I Do After My Husband Has an Affair? (Part 2)

Christian Testimonies | What Should I Do After My Husband Has an Affair? (Part 2)
Mar 22, 2019
By Shiji

My Husband’s Betrayal Originated From the Evil Trends of Society

Over the days that followed, I often attended meetings with the brothers and sisters, and we would read God’s words, sing hymns and dance in praise of God. Gradually, my oppressive mood became greatly lightened. But every time I thought of how my husband had betrayed me, I still felt a dull throb of pain in my heart. Only later, when I read God’s words, did I understand why my husband had strayed, and I also understood the root cause of my pain.

One day, I read these words in God Himself, the Unique VI: “When the wind of a trend blows through, perhaps only a small number of people will become the trendsetters. They start off doing this kind of thing, accepting this kind of idea or this kind of perspective. The majority of people, however, in the midst of their unawareness, will still be continually infected, assimilated and attracted by this kind of trend, until they all unknowingly and involuntarily accept it, and are all submerged in and controlled by it. For man who is not of sound body and mind, who never knows what is truth, who cannot tell the difference between positive and negative things, these kinds of trends one after another make them all willingly accept these trends, the life view and values that come from Satan. They accept what Satan tells them on how to approach life and the way to live that Satan ‘bestows’ on them. They have not the strength, neither do they have the ability, much less the awareness to resist.” “Satan destroys man’s what? (Their mind, their whole being.) Satan destroys your mind, making you powerless to resist, meaning that very slowly your heart turns toward Satan in spite of yourself. It instills these things in you every day, every day using these ideas and cultures to influence and nurture you, very slowly ruining your will, making you not want to be a good person any longer, making you no longer wish to stand up for what you call righteousness. Unknowingly, you no longer have the willpower to swim upstream against the tide, but instead flow down along with it. ‘Destruction’ means Satan torments people so much that they become like neither man nor ghost, then it seizes the opportunity to devour them.”

After reading God’s words, I understood that my husband had strayed because he had been deceived and corrupted by the evil trends stoked up by Satan. I remembered how grateful my husband had been when he saw how much I did for him, and how diligently and conscientiously he had worked after he graduated in order to make it up to me, and how he struggled and strived so that we could live a better life in the future. But ever since he got into business and began to make a name for himself, the only people he ever mixed with were company managers and celebrities, he frequently went to places of entertainment such as karaoke bars, nightclubs and saunas and, under the influence of these people and things, he unconsciously began to accept such evil ideas as “The red flag at home does not fall, the colored flags outside flutter in the breeze,” “Without a woman on the side, a man has no zest for life,” “Don’t ask for eternity, be happy with now,” and “Pursuing beautiful women is a worthy way to live.” He believed that it was proper and normal for a man to have another woman on the side, to keep her and have children with her, that these were expressions of manliness and ability, and so he followed these evil trends and began an affair without hesitation. Being eroded and destroyed by these evil ideas, my husband’s thinking became warped, and he went from having some conscience to completely disregarding responsibility and morality, and he became a heartless, ungrateful, unfaithful man. He cared only about satisfying his own physical lusts and gave no thought at all to my feelings or how his actions would harm our son, and he took this to such an extent that, in order to be with his other woman, he pressed me again and again to sign the divorce papers and he completely lost all conscience and reason. He became increasingly sordid, wicked and degenerate, and are these not the fruits of being corrupted and harmed by Satan? I then thought of modern society. Under the ferocious impact and invasion of evil trends, many husbands and wives who had previously been very loving had separated due to one or the other having an affair, and this had led to the break up of many happy families. There were also many who sought revenge on women who had become involved with their spouse, and cases of disfigurement and murder were commonplace. Even more so, there were many children who used to be lively and happy, but who now suffered from depression because their parents divorced, and some dropped out of school and chose to live debased lives. These were just some of the effects of these evil social trends. At that moment, I saw that the means Satan employed to corrupt and harm people were impossible to guard against. It was using these fallacious opinions and ideas to subtly plant its evil views inside our hearts. Without the truth, we as human beings were unable to discern good from evil, beauty from ugliness, and positive things from negative things. We were simply unable to withstand the inroads these evil trends were making and, little by little, we were losing our humanity, our reason, our dignity and our integrity, and we would ultimately end up being hurt and devoured by Satan—Satan really was so sinister and ruthless! After I’d come to understand these things, I knew that my husband had also been a victim of the poison of these evil trends. I had also heard that he and his other woman had parted ways only a short time after our divorce. Because their getting together in the first place was only for the sake of satisfying their own needs, my husband’s second divorce came to a sad end. This fact enabled me to see even more clearly that Satan was the source of all evil, and that it was the root of all our pain.

Later, at a meeting, I read these words of God: “There are six primary means that Satan employs to corrupt man. … The third is forceful indoctrination. Forceful indoctrination of what? Is forceful indoctrination done by man’s own choice? Is it done with man’s consent? (No.) It does not matter if you do not consent to it. In your unawareness it pours into you, instilling in you Satan’s thinking, its rules of life and its essence. … The fifth is deception and paralysis. ‘Deception and paralysis’ is that Satan makes up some sweet-sounding statements and ideas that are in concert with people’s conceptions to make it seem as though it is taking people’s flesh into consideration or thinking about their lives and futures, when actually it is just to fool you. It then paralyzes you so that you do not know what is right and what is wrong, so that you are unwittingly tricked and thereby come under its control” (“God Himself, the Unique VI”).

As I contemplated God’s words, everything suddenly became clear. It turned out that I had also been deceived by Satan’s fallacious ideas. Satan had used romance novels and all manner of romantic soap operas to indoctrinate me with such views on love as “love is supreme” and “till death do us part” to make me single-mindedly pursue the perfect happy marriage, so that I could be like the female protagonists in those novels and share my life with the knight on a white horse that I imagined in my heart, and grow old together with him. When I met my husband, I was sure that he was the knight on a white horse that I had so longed for, and I dreamed that I would spend the rest of my life with him. To achieve that aim, I used all my strength earning the money to put him through college and, after he had betrayed me, I still clung to the notion that “love is supreme,” unwilling to face reality and even wishing to reawaken his conscience by means of my own death. My husband’s indifference and heartlessness, however, instantly turned my heart to ice and I utterly despaired. I was depressed every single day, my spirit very nearly crumbled, and I lived like one of the walking dead. In the final analysis, my pain still originated from Satan’s corruption; it was Satan that fabricated all kinds of beautiful love stories to deceive me, and it made me pursue them exhaustively until I ended up suffering so much harm and pain. Only now did I see how profoundly duped by Satan’s fallacious views I had been! Coming to this understanding, I decided to no longer be hurt by my husband’s betrayal, but to calmly face up to my marriage that was now over, to let go of the resentment I harbored in my heart, and to live happy and free.

I Recall God’s Love With Gratitude and Wish to Follow Him Till the End

Later, while performing my spiritual devotions, I read these words of God: “Whenever Satan corrupts man or engages in unbridled harm, God does not stand idly by, neither does He brush aside or turn a blind eye to those He has chosen. All that Satan does is perfectly clear and understood by God. No matter what Satan does, no matter what trend it causes to arise, God knows all that Satan is trying to do, and God does not give up on those He has chosen. Instead, without attracting any attention, secretly, silently, God does everything that is necessary. When God begins work on someone, when He has chosen someone, He does not proclaim it to anyone, nor does He proclaim it to Satan, much less make any grand gesture. He just very quietly, very naturally does what is necessary. … He does many things for man and at great cost; man perceives nothing of this cost or these things God does, yet all that He does is in reality carried out on every single person” (“God Himself, the Unique VI”). “What exactly does God give to man? Does He only give you a little care, concern and consideration when you are not paying attention? What has God given to man? God has given life to man, given man everything, and bestows on man unconditionally without demanding anything, without any ulterior intention. He uses the truth, uses His words, uses His life to lead and guide man, bringing man away from the harm of Satan, away from Satan’s temptations, away from Satan’s seduction and allowing man to see clearly through Satan’s evil nature and its hideous face. Is God’s love and concern for mankind true? Is it something that every one of you can experience? (Yes.)” (“God Himself, the Unique IV”).

The Church of Almighty God, God's Love, Church Life
Picture of The Church of Almighty God
God’s words once again caused me to burst into tears. I understood that every time Satan stokes up an evil trend, God understands precisely its wicked purpose to corrupt and harm man, He knows how cruel the means are that Satan employs to harm man, and He knows our frailties. So as to enable us to distance ourselves from the harm Satan causes and to discern all the various seductions and temptations of Satan, God secretly performs many works through us. He chooses us to come before Him, uses His words to enlighten us and guide us and to enable us to understand the truth, and to see Satan’s wickedness and ugliness as well as its despicable motives. God uses His words to enable us to gradually move away from Satan’s corruption and seductions, so that we are no longer subject to being harmed by Satan. Thinking back over my life, if it hadn’t been for God’s timely salvation, I fear I would have become inextricably mired in pain, pretty soon I would have been diagnosed with clinical depression from being so down every day, and I would have ended up being hurt and devoured by Satan. Thanks be to God’s timely salvation, and I give thanks to God for comforting me through His words and for enabling me to find a support and to feel warmth in the midst of my loneliness and despair. Even more so, it was God’s words that had led and guided me to finally understand the source of all my pain and to leave that pain behind.

After having undergone this misfortune in my marriage, I came to truly appreciate that romantic love is insincere, and the love of “till death do us part” is even more so a non-existent dream. By depending on the ideas and views of Satan in our pursuit of a perfect love, we only end up being controlled and duped by Satan, and our lives become more and more painful. Only by coming before God, reading His words and pursuing the truth in earnest, seeing through all of Satan’s deceitful schemes, ridding ourselves of Satan’s fallacious ideas, and acting according to God’s words in all things can we achieve true peace, happiness and freedom. That I have been able today to attain the provision of truth is more valuable and more precious than any worldly thing I could possibly attain. Right now, I feel such a deep appreciation for the true love of God. Thanks be to God! From now on, I wish to follow God in earnest and fulfill my duty well to repay God for His salvation of me.


Recommended:
What Is God's Salvation? – The Only Path to Gain It – Obtain God's Eternal Blessing

No comments: