Friday, August 3, 2018

Gospel Testimonies | The Light Is Warm When Passing Through the Tunnel(二)

 Eastern Lightning, The Church of Almighty God,  Gospel Testimonies
The Picture of The Church of Almighty God

 Gospel Testimonies | The Light Is Warm When Passing Through the Tunnel


But Satan was unwilling to admit defeat, and it still constantly disturbs me through people and things. While Hu was hospitalized his family put all responsibility over my family. They wanted me to pay for all of the medical expenses. I kept trying to negotiate with them, telling them that I was willing to pay half, but all along they would not agree with me. After three weeks Hu was already healed, but he still wasn’t discharged from the hospital. This was done deliberately in order to extort the money from my family. Then one day Hu said: “The truck is yours, so all the expenses should be paid by you.” Hu’s wife also stood up and yelled out: “That’s right! Since it’s your truck that was involved in the accident then you should pay all the expenses….” As I stood there with them pestering me endlessly I started growing very angry. I had involuntarily gotten caught up in this matter. I felt a particular pain, I was distraught with anxiety, and I didn’t want to talk to them anymore, so I unhappily walked out of the room. When I got downstairs I thought to myself: I’m a believer in God; when things like this happen to me I should not get angry in this way, I should entrust this matter to the hands of God. I need to rely on God. When I returned home I opened up the book of God’s word and saw the following words of God: “In every step of work that God does within people, externally it appears to be interactions between people, as if born of human arrangements, or from human interference. But behind the scenes, every step of work, and everything that happens, is a wager made by Satan before God, and requires people to stand firm in their testimony to God. Take when Job was tried, for example: Behind the scenes, Satan was making a bet with God, and what happened to Job was the deeds of men, and the interference of men. Behind every step that God does in you is Satan’s wager with God—behind it all is a battle. … You should know that everything that happens to you is a great trial and the time when God needs you to bear testimony” (“Only Loving God Is Truly Believing in God” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). As I read these words I thought back to that day when I boasted in front of Sister Yang that I would certainly stand by the side of God whenever trials befall me. I hadn’t imagined that when Satan persistently pestered me, I couldn’t calmly seek God’s will in His presence, my mind was always preoccupied. For this, I felt extremely miserable in my heart. Hadn’t I fallen for Satan’s tricks? It wasn’t until I was finished thinking about these things that I could finally see how truly sinister and evil Satan is. It had used this affair to disturb me, to make me angry for losing some of my fleshly interests, and even more so it wanted to use these things to make me deny Almighty God and betray Almighty God. But I will not fall for Satan’s tricks, I am willing to depend on God, and to deliver these things into the hands of God. Whether or not Hu would leave the hospital, how much money I would have to spend in the end, I accepted that these things would be orchestrated by the hand of God, and regardless of the outcome, I would be willing to obey. Once I had come to understand God’s will, once I was willing to stand witness to God, I unexpectedly witnessed one of God’s wondrous deeds the following day. God had aroused a young man to go to Hu’s hospital room and reprimand him: “I cannot bear to look at someone like you, someone who bullies good people, and someone who extorts someone else for their money. If it were me I wouldn’t give you a single cent.” Other people in the room also chimed in: “That’s right, he was the one that got into the truck, and now he wants this person’s money, how unreasonable!” “Right! Whoever borrowed the truck should also pay some of the money! They can’t have the owner of the truck pay for everything!” After Hu heard this he lowered his head and didn’t say a word. Three days later Hu was discharged from the hospital. I knew deep in my heart that behind these events taking place it was God who had opened up this way out for me.
After experiencing this, I could see the wickedness and despicableness of Satan. It had used people and things that I knew to disturb me and attack me in an attempt to make me complain to God and blame Him and distance myself from Him due to the fact that I was going to lose some money, and it wanted me to live in suffering. At the same time, I could also see that when I stopped considering my physical gains and losses, when I relied on God through my faith in Him, when I stood on the side of God, then God used the words of nonbelievers to open up a way out for me, forcing Satan to retreat in humiliation. This granted me the chance to see God’s authority that mobilizes and rules over all things. It’s just as it is written in the word of God: “I will mobilize all to serve Me, and moreover, I will reveal My power, so that every man can see that in the whole universe world not a single object is not in our hands, not a single person is not in our service, and not a single accomplishment is not performed for us” (“The One Hundred and Nineteenth Utterance” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). The more I read the word of God the more I see that God is almighty, that God is wonderful. I see now that all things are in the hands of God, and I now have more faith in God. I am willing now to experience more of the work of God in whatever happens next, and I will rely upon God in order to no longer fall for Satan’s temptations.

No comments: